Tuesday, March 10, 2009

You- nique you

Sometimes I just wish I have a mind like a mathematician
Where tackling of math problems are simply effortless,
Just like putting peanuts in your mouth

Or may be a mind of a linguist
Where explaining complex grammar rules is less complicated
As compared to unraveling the entangled threads

Perhaps a mind that speaks the computer lingo
Where when your computer decided to go wild,
You know the magic words to tame it

Probably a scientific mind would be wonderful
Where exploring the mysteries of outer space could be more real
Beyond the walled up space like we are used to be


Instead of all these

I have a mind
That comes alive when there are shapes and colours
It feeds on imaginations and abstracts
Where not many find it acceptable by logics

I have a mind
That loves capturing things in motion
Just like rhythm and dance steps joint together
They make a perfect item but only few appreciates such union

I have a mind
That finds delight in smile engraved on people’s face
It makes me want to do all I could to make it stays
But a genuine intention can sometimes be misinterpreted

So it whispers…

It is not by chance
Who and where you ended up today.
Be part of what seems common is like a rigid thing
But you do not have to be

Savor the person you see in front of mirror everyday
Never has there been
And never again will there be another you
The You-nique you.


We have been brought up thinking that grass is always greener at the other side. This may not necessary be true. Some people spend ages searching for something they long for, but they never realize that it is just there right beside them or in them. May be it’s not all about finding the perfect one, but loving and appreciating the one that you hav

1 comment:

Jarod Yong said...

You are perfect the way you are, Audrey.
And if you want to change, let it be done according to God's direction & your needs.

No man is an island.
Everyone should work in a team so that their weaknesses are negated by the strength of others.